Well, here it is. Despite only having dial-up internet service at home and being as close to a Luddite as a modern grrl comes - I'm now a blogger. I thought that this might be a good way for me to keep in touch with friends and family - seeing as I now live in the middle of nowheresville by myself now and I know curiosity is getting the better of you - HOW DOES SHE DO IT?!
I am slowly turning into a Country Bumpkin. I have four loaves of fresh organic bread in the oven as I type - kamut and oatmeal-whole wheat (in case you were really curious) - and am busy teaching myself how to play a mountain dulcimer that is older than I am. I've also been busy this weekend organizing my new compost pile and clearing a path to it through the overgrown back lawn. I cut the grass today with my new push-mower - no noise or gas - and hung the laundry out on the line. Does it get better?
I also discovered today that I have abot four inches of water in my basement, which has turned off my hot water heater. I guess it will drain sometime - I do have a small stream in the basement all the time that is overflow from the spring that is my fresh water. I'll have a heck of a clean-up job to do when it is gone. Until then, not sure how to solve this problem... any ideas you might have will be appreciated.
I'm trying to source new knitting patterns so I'll have more things to wear during the winter. I better get a good start now on sweaters if I want to wear them for autumn. I can hardly even think about that right now as I'm still in a seater today with the rain and it is the middle of June! If you have any great patterns for funky stuff, email me web addresses or direct me somehow.
That's all for now. More later and hope you are all well and enjoying the summer - the official date is almost here - June 21st.
Ta,
Ann
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment